Position: Video Editor
Term: 18 months
Acts as a critical member of the US Video team as an editor and videographer, with responsibility for both the technical camerawork and the online editing of a variety of projects.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in RTVF (Radio Television Video and Film), related degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience managing and executing video projects in an agency, in-house production department, or similar professional studio environment
- Creatively takes an edit from concept to completion using video, audio and motion graphics that support the objectives specified in the creative briefs. Meets with project owners to determine overall objectives for communication vehicle; proposes visual solutions and creative approaches to support objective; provides creative input and techniques, presentation concepts, project management and technical implementation. Independently edits videos using multiple editing platform technology with a current emphasis on Premier Editing Suite. Chooses the best shots and edits to create an audience motivating piece; finishing with color correction, audio mixing and mastering. Digital asset management and archiving, duplication as needed, and coordination and tracking of all final video compression formats required.
- Creates, enhances and/or animates motion graphics and creates video effects and graphic treatments to produce videos and multi-media projects of high quality in the most cost-efficient manner. Utilizes thorough knowledge of motion graphics for videos in production. Continuously evaluates and utilizes various approaches, technology and methods of production.
- Collaborates with other team members or works independently to shoot events both in the studio and on location. Provides production support, as needed, within the department and during special events by coordinating other production functions or acting as a production crew specialist. Knowledge of cameras, framing, lighting and green screen are essential.
- Records, edits, and delivers video content produced using Skype, Zoom, Facebook, or other social media applications. Works with outside end users to remotely capture video and audio. Uses digital technology, specialist computer software and high-quality digitization of sound and pictures to prepare files for web publishing. Researches new technologies and stays current on industry advancements, including computer hardware, software and related equipment. Serves as a technical and business resource to other producers, assisting in the resolution of complex problems.
- Produces engaging elements for social media posts and videos for various social media platforms such as (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. Develops designs with 360-degree thinking that takes other US marketing campaigns into consideration and follows brand and social guidelines. Thinks critically about how content will engage consumers and sales force in all channels.