Position: Vendor Management Senior Risk Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA
Term: 6 Months
About our client
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.
- Vendor Management is responsible for managing the risks associated with conducting business with third-party vendors and defining a consistent program for our client's vendor relationships.
- In the process, we fulfill the applicable legal, information security and regulatory requirements on behalf of the organization.
- We also work with business units to secure; risk assess and oversee all vendor services.
- Balancing Organizational Agility and Effective Risk Management
- The Vendor Management Risk Associate is responsible for ensuring the compliance of the Bank’s Vendor Management program by overseeing and managing the Bank’s vendor relationships, facilitating the third-party vendor risk identification process, and completing other third-party vendor risk management duties as assigned.
- Manage the Bank’s vendor lifecycle phases from planning, onboarding, ongoing monitoring, risk assessments, oversight monitoring and termination.
- Strong collaboration with business owners and other internal stakeholders to ensure vendor risks are properly identified and controls are in place to mitigate risk and minimize financial, regulatory, and reputational exposure.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with business owners and support their third-party strategic initiatives.
- Liaise with cross-functional Subject Matter Experts, such as Information Security, Compliance, Finance, and Sourcing, among others, to ensure vendor engagements are compliant with Bank policies and regulatory guidance.
- Analyze vendor risk assessment questionnaires, support vendor on-boarding, manage due diligence document collection, assist with contract negotiations, and manage all required ongoing monitoring efforts.
- Gather Service Level Agreements reports for review with business owners and risk managers for oversight monitoring activities.
- Chair numerous vendor oversight monitoring meetings with business owners, risk managers and vendors.
- Engage with business owners and other stakeholders to review vendor performance metrics and vendor scorecards.
- Prepare presentation and reports for executive level review.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong analytical mindset, able to manage risks both at the micro and macro levels.
- Substantial ability to identify issues and work them to closure, including remediation and escalation where appropriate.
- Strong data analytical skills and understanding of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Governance Risk Compliance system (GRC).
- Resilient in response to shifting priorities and assignments and ability to meet tight deadlines and expectations.
- 5 years functional/professional experience required; 5-7 years preferred.
- Effective in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals across the Bank who have varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Strong interpersonal skills in the ability to establish relationships with internal partners to build consensus and deliver various types of messages to internal and external parties.