Position: Vendor Management Risk Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA 94111
Term: 6 Months
The Vendor Management Risk Associate is responsible for ensuring the compliance of the Banks Vendor Management program by overseeing and managing the Banks vendor relationships, facilitating the third-party vendor risk identification process, and completing other third-party vendor risk management duties as assigned.
- Manage the Banks vendor lifecycle phases from planning, due diligence and selection, contract negotiations, ongoing monitoring, and termination.
- Collaborate with business owners and other internal stakeholders to ensure vendor risks are properly identified and controls are in place to mitigate risk and minimize financial, regulatory, and reputational exposure.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with business owners and support their third-party strategic initiatives.
- Liaise with cross-functional Subject Matter Experts, such as Information Security, Finance, and Sourcing, among others, to ensure vendor engagements are compliant with Bank policies and regulatory guidance.
- Analyze vendor risk assessment questionnaires, support vendor onboarding, manage due diligence document collection, assist with contract negotiations, and manage all required ongoing monitoring efforts.
- Gather Service Level Agreements reports for review with business owners and risk managers for oversight meetings.
- Chair and manage vendor oversight meetings with business owners, other stakeholders, and vendors. Produce meeting minutes and track action items to closure.
- Engage with business owners and other stakeholders to review vendor performance metrics and vendor scorecards.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Strong analytical mindset, able to manage risks both at the micro and macro levels.
- Firm ability to problem solve, identify issues and work them to closure, including remediation and escalation where appropriate.
- Strong data analytical skills and understanding of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Governance Risk Compliance system (GRC).
- Effective in response to shifting priorities and assignments and ability to meet deadlines and expectations timely.
- 3 years functional/professional experience required; 5-7 years preferred.
- Effective in delivering communications across a wide spectrum of individuals at Bank having varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Strong interpersonal skills in ability to establish relationships with internal business partners to build consensus, with ability to deliver various types of communications to internal and external parties.
About our client:
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.