Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Position: Vendor Contract Specialist
Location: Phoenix, AZ - 100% remote - must AZ business hours
Term: 6 months
Rate: $55+/hourly, DOE
* Manage suppliers, including score carding and active KPI (Key Performance Indicator) monitoring
* Responsible for managing the creation of category result objectives on a national level
* Maintain assigned annual cost savings targets.
* Responsible for monitoring risks and opportunities within the assigned categories
* Responsible for managing and reporting on category annual operating planning cycle, including yearly planning activities
* Manage stakeholders and partner with senior level internal stakeholders to align on priorities and needs
* Manages one or more categories of high complexity using strategic sourcing principles
* Understands relevant business priorities and needs
* Owns and oversees contract compliance once agreement is signed
* Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met with the optimum quality, service and cost of use
* Ability to successfully meet or exceed business objective through supplier negotiations,
* Analyze market and supply dynamics related to supplier proposals to develop a matrix of negotiation scenarios
* Interacts with key stakeholders to guide toward preferred suppliers and develops risk assessments for their category
* Comprehend and provide constructive input/redlines on legal contract documents related to purchasing terms, conditions, indemnification, intellectual property ownership, etc.
* Knowledgeable about the markets and how the markets influence price, availability and supply chain.
* Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
* Communicate effectively with superior and others who have a need to know.
* Bachelors degree in a related field
* Five (5) or more years of relevant experience and relationship management skills
* Experience/knowledge in developing category strategy, strategic sourcing, supplier management, spend analysis, and contract negotiation skills
* Experience in Information Technology software, hardware, and services procurement
* Experience managing and influencing relationships at all levels of the organization