Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is a global, values-driven corporation that leads the communications, automotive, and media industries. Apply today to be on a team that disrupts industries and builds a better future for the next generation.
Position: UX Visual Designer
Location: Austin, Texas 78759
Term: 5 months
- Design simple, and engaging and intuitive experiences and interactions, in both web and native/hybrid ecosystems.
- Create design deliverables such as wireframes, mockups, user personas, and interactive prototypes.
- Participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work.
- Create innovative design concepts based on a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives; willingness to try new approaches and iterate.
- Consume and contribute back to our design language including applying design resources such as templates, Sketch symbols, icon libraries, reusable app components, style guides, design standards, and brand standards to your work.
- Work in an agile environment providing design communication and assets for the team.
- Keep abreast of the latest UX design and technology trends.
- Support the overall visual design of products including color palette, typography, iconography, and style.
- Leverage user research and usability tests and incorporate the findings into your design decisions.
- Estimate effort, plan schedules and manage time effectively.
- Obtain buy-in from stakeholders, explaining how your design solution addresses the identify problem/ user need.
- Support Agile delivery and respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers, and team leads.
- Understand technical, business, and time limitations, and design within these constraints
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field (HCI, UX Design, Product Design).
- 5+ years of experience designing web and mobile apps, 7+ years of general design experience
- Proven expertise in Sketch, Figma, InVision, Marvel or other design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Portfolio containing examples of digital design solutions and your thought process, success and failures, getting to that outcome.
- Deep understanding of and experience with the full UX design process including information architecture, app interactions & behaviors, lo-fi wires, high-fidelity mockups, and rapid prototyping.
- Understanding and knowledge of mobile human interface guidelines (Apple’s HIG and Google’s Material Design), current possibilities and limitations of hardware and operating systems, and basic design requirements of a complete mobile app (icon and artwork sizes, necessary screenshots, splash screens, screen resolutions, retina graphics, etc.).
- Proven expertise with modern desktop, mobile app and SaaS design.
- Solid understanding of experience design principles and best practices.
- Flexibility and openness to feedback from cross-functional team members.
- Strong prioritization, planning and time management skills.
- Experience with Lean UX, Agile Methodology and Design Thinking.
- Confidence and knowledge to assess and solve complex or large scale UX projects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks effectively without close supervision.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think fast and slow, and know when to do each.
- Personality, individual flair, and sense of humor to help round out our existing team.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!