Sr. User Researcher
San Francisco, CA or Charlotte, NC
Our large financial services client is seeking two Senior User Researchers. Their Customer Insights team uses a broad range of qualitative research techniques to infuse products and services with customer perspective. They are creative and flexible, and committed to including customers in the entire product development process via concept evaluation, usability testing, workshops, and informal and formal feedback sessions.
As a Senior Researcher you:
- Have an understanding of the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, interaction design, and content strategy
- Understand what’s technically possible, and how business rules work with customer experience
- Are a self-starter, organized and able to work on several projects at once, as well as, efficiently and gracefully managing competing priorities
- Are comfortable with degrees of ambiguity as our team is evolving to help our partners work smarter and faster in our new agile environment
What you’ll be responsible for
- Collaborating with various partners including: Product Managers, Customer Experience Designers, Content Strategists, and Producers to:
- understand business goals and identify and prioritize customer needs
- infuse existing primary and secondary knowledge
- generate new customer insights on customer experiences primarily focusing on digital experiences for online and mobile banking tools and features, financial education, product information, tools, and applications
- Leading/managing research studies in collaboration with our trusted research vendors, as well as, directly managing and facilitating qualitative research
- Communicating research findings to all levels of the organization and advocating for exceptional customer experiences
- Ensuring that insights are connected to all related efforts
- 5+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years focused experience in usability testing of digital (web and mobile) interfaces
- Experience with a variety of research methods, including 1-on-1 interviews, group facilitation, card sorts, RITE, unmoderated remote/online, and field studies
- Experience with the user-centered design process including creating and/or using a variety of artifacts such as personas, scenarios, task flows, wireframes, etc.
- Experience conducting research with a wide variety of end users
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrixed environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Vendor management experience
- Advanced education or training in the areas of HCI, Human Factors, Information Science or professional certification including Certified Usability Analyst
- Experience with standard research tools including use of Morae/Camtasia software, audio/video set up, remote testing and observation tools (e.g., WebEx, Go To Meeting, Zoom), etc.
Why you’ll thrive here
- You share our passion for customer experience and problem-solving. You play well with others but you aren’t afraid to stand up for what you think is right. You’re diplomatic and flexible, and you’ve got what it takes to influence others. You see the big picture, but you also find satisfaction in making every detail right.
- You’re committed to understanding customer needs and advocating for the best experience. You are naturally curious. You listen more than you talk, and draw connections across projects and products. You have a proven track record of leveraging creative research methods to answer difficult questions and generate actionable insights.