- Function: UI / UX
- Job Ref: 214147
We’re a multidisciplinary UX team that drives the user experience for our customer and employee facing applications. In this position, you’ll work within a cross-functional team where you’ll influence product and design decisions with ownership of projects from inception through development. You’ll get to showcase your experience and knowledge in UX research, design, content and information architecture.
We are transforming the way we deliver software and solutions for our customers and this role is a new one. As part of this transformation the UX organization is aligning to a Portfolio and Product based culture and we are looking to hire a UX Product Designer with a primary focus on research as well as the ability to create visual deliverables like mock-ups.
The UX Product Designer is a thoughtful, empathetic and experienced UX professional with extensive knowledge of UX best practices and hands-on experience with user research, interaction / visual design, information architecture, and UX strategy. This job is a member of the User Experience (UX) and Digital Platform team within IT.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to take large, complex applications and transform them into simple, intuitive experiences. You’ll wear many UX hats and be responsible for conceptualizing, prototyping, presenting and delivering a variety of UX deliverables (personas, flows, research plans, test scripts, low and hi-fidelity mock-ups). For this position, you will focus on customer research and exploring consumer behavior and motivation as well as helping to maintain research operations and conducting both moderated and unmoderated user tests to inform your design deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with cross-functional teams using agile methods to define user stories and UX deliverables
• Influence outcomes and product owner decisions based on UX best practices, design principles and research
• Collaborate with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions
• Collect, analyze, present and action feedback and manage changes to deliverables
• Present work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders
• Provide timely status updates (including work left to do, issues, risks) on all products
• Communicate effectively with all team members to get work done
• Create research strategies based on desired outcomes and develop usability test plans, scripts and scenarios for prototypes. Regularly formulate and test hypotheses during design iterations.
• Use research techniques (heuristic reviews, user interviews, remote unmoderated and in-person testing) to determine ease-of-use and comprehension of designs and ideas
• Design, recruit / schedule and moderate usability studies and user interviews
• Maintain and advance Research Ops as a core component of the UX department
• Help provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of customers and business stakeholders
• Design the visual style, interface and interaction flow of applications and experiences
• Contribute to and adhere to the patterns of a given design system
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
• Advocate for the user and collaborate with business owners to develop features and flows that align with the user’s needs
• Gather and translate rules and assets into UX systems, programs and enterprise solutions
• Prepare, manage, update and distribute UX documentation (navigational flows, wire frames, mock-ups, use cases, task flows prototypes, content, system errors, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training
• 5+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or equivalent demonstrated expertise.
• Strong skills in modern design and prototyping tools (Figma, Zeplin, Adobe CC, etc.)
• Experience working closely with developers from inception through implementation in an agile environment
• Knowledge and proficiency using remote unmoderated testing tools and moderated testing devices and platforms
• In-depth understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and a solid grasp of trends in web and app design
• Advanced analytical skills dealing with complex data problems and implementing sustainable solutions
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles, geographical and time zone boundaries
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to label, classify and intelligently build flows and wireframes for complex computer applications are a plus
• Experience rapidly iterating designs to conduct user testing and to deliver to development teams
• Experience in responsive, adaptive and accessible designs
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and communicate effectively with non-technical users
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training
• 5+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a specialty in research, testing and data analytics
• Knowledge of, and experience using eye-tracking hardware and software
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.