- Function: UI / UX
- Job Ref: 214145
We’re a multidisciplinary UX team that drives the user experience for our customer and employee facing applications. In this position, you’ll work within a cross-functional team where you’ll influence product and design decisions with ownership of projects from inception through development. You’ll get to showcase your experience and knowledge in UX research, design, content and information architecture.
We are transforming the way we deliver software and solutions for our customers and this role is a new one. As part of this transformation the UX organization is aligning to a Portfolio and Product based culture and we are looking to hire a UX Product Designer.
This job is a member of the User Experience (UX) and Digital Customer Experience team IT. The UX Product Designer is a thoughtful, empathetic and experienced UX professional with extensive knowledge of UX best practices and hands-on experience with interaction / visual design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to work across disciplines to take large, complex applications and transform them into simple, intuitive experiences. You’ll wear many UX hats and be responsible for conceptualizing, prototyping, presenting and delivering a variety of UX deliverables (personas, flows, research plans, test scripts, low and hi-fidelity mock ups).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with a cross-functional team using agile methodology to define user stories and UX deliverables
• Influence design and product owner decisions based on UX best practices, design principles and research
• Collaborate with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions
• Collect, analyze, present and action feedback and manage changes to deliverables
• Present work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, research data or business requirements)
• Design the visual style, interface and interaction flow of applications and experiences
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed specifications and design patterns
• Gather and translate rules and assets into UX systems, programs and enterprise solutions
• Prepare, manage, update and distribute UX documentation (navigational flows, wire frames, mock-ups, use cases, task flows prototypes, content, system errors, etc.)
• Advocate for the user and collaborate with business owners to develop features and flows that align with the user’s needs
• Create research strategies based on project KPIs and develop usability test plans, scripts and scenarios for prototypes. Regularly formulate and test hypotheses during design iterations.
• Use research techniques (heuristic reviews, user interviews, remote unmoderated and in-person testing) to determine ease-of-use and comprehension of designs and ideas
• Design, recruit / schedule and moderate usability studies and user interviews
• Provide timely status reporting (including work left to do, issues, risks) on all projects
• Manage all communications necessary to get the project done including negotiating with key stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training
• 5+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or equivalent demonstrated expertise.
• Strong skills in modern design and prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Adobe CC, Figma)
• Experience working closely with developers from inception through implementation in an agile environment
• Advanced analytical skills dealing with complex data problems and implementing sustainable solutions
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles, geographical and time zone boundaries
• Knowledge and proficiency using remote unmoderated testing tools and moderated testing devices and platforms
• In-depth understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and a solid grasp of trends in web and app design
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to label, classify and intelligently build flows and wireframes for complex computer applications are a plus
• Experience rapidly iterating designs to conduct user testing and to deliver to development teams
• Experience in responsive, adaptive and accessible designs
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and communicate effectively with non-technical users
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training
• 5+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or similar
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.