Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is a contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Interaction & Visual Designer
Location: St Louis, MO, Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Francisco, CA and New York.
Term: Contract, contract-to-hire
- Create engaging and effective visual and interaction design solutions for responsive (Desktop, Tablet and Mobile) software interfaces, achieving business goals and meeting product requirements.
- Closely collaborate with Technology and Business teams to solve for complex issues like interaction models and data visualization
- Responsible for developing and executing customer experience solutions for online applications and Web sites.
- Accountable for creating the most complex industry-leading user interface design solutions.
- Leading teams of customer experience professionals defines and deploys interaction design strategies.
- Serves as design 'advocate' with the ability to forecast and assess industry trends and their impact on the company's product design alternatives.
- Establishes and promotes design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Accountable for overseeing the execution of strategic design projects that influence design and strategic direction of the company.
- Builds and enhances strong working relationships within the information / interface design function and community outside of the company.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively across relevant units and with company leaders.
- Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams.
- May oversee work performed by others and serves as a mentor to the direction of the unit while not managing people.
- Presents and defends designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Leads customer experience strategy for platforms and products; influences roadmaps and business decisions by providing customer experience considerations; participates in roadmap planning and virtual teams; represents customer experience and ICS to our partners. Serves as SME for all aspects of customer experience.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must be able to utilize the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator etc.).
- Prototyping experience (tools such as Axure, Justinmind, Invision and experience preferred). If no prototyping experience, will need a desire or willingness to learn.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment with Agile development teams.
- Ability to work within established styles and standards.
- Strong design communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Strong visual design or interaction design portfolio of recent web, mobile, tablet, and software design projects.
- Comfortable with frequent iteration to designs based on feedback from users and business partners.
- Must be able to work comfortably on a PC only.
- Collaborative attitude
- Ability to effectively take direction and work somewhat autonomously while staying on task
- Ability to work effectively with partners located remotely via email and phone.
- 8+ years of experience in the following: communications, human factors, information sciences, graphic, and visual arts demonstrated through work or military experience
- Agile experience is a huge plus.
- Previous large company experience.
- Financial industry experience.
- Experience working on complex software products and user experiences.
- Ability to quickly understand complex concepts and translate them into design.
- A basic understanding of front-end development (HTML & CSS) which would enable a cleaner collaboration with our IT development partners is preferred but not required.