MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling a unique position. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company and look towards career growth.
Do you excel with UX working to design touch screen consoles? Do you function well within a collaborative environment? This position may be for you!!!
Formal Job Description
Official Title (per client) - UX Designer
The UX Designer III will lead design initiatives from research to delivery. The right candidate will have broad knowledge of UX across modalities and product types with deep knowledge in one or more of the following: interaction design, animation, microinteractions, UX writing, design systems, and user psychology/behavioral science. You think of yourself as a collaborator, lead by example, hold others and yourself accountable. You are a lifelong learner who loves solving complex problems. You’re able to think on your feet and ideate with a product/dev/UX team and articulate your ideas succinctly through visuals, experiments, and solid documentation.
What you’ll do:
• Collaborate with design and product management on new products, initiatives, research, experimental work, and team leadership and build consensus and lead collaboration across teams.
• Work across multiple experiences including touch screen console, apps, and web-based software, with a specific focus on touch screen consoles.
• Work in an agile environment that can change direction quickly.
• Guide other teams through design thinking, research, and human centered design methodologies, and invite them into the process.
• Advocate for end users and our customers against business constraints.
What you bring with you:
• Bachelor’s degree in a UX adjacent field or UX bootcamp completion and 4+ years of experience as a UX designer.
• Experience designing for apps and touch screen consoles.
• Experience and examples of work leading a product through the full lifecycle from research to delivery.
• Experience collaborating with dev, product, and design team members, giving actionable and constructive feedback.
• High level knowledge of best practice developing for Android and web.
• Expert knowledge of Mac OS, Adobe CC (Xd, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Axure, and other UX and design tools.
• Experience pitching design work and/or research recommendations to colleagues and leadership.
• Experience developing a human centered strategic approach to research efforts or design direction.
• Experience delivering research findings, user flows, user personas, journey maps, site architecture, design reviews, user testing, and product handoff.