Position: UX Design Senior Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA
Direct Hire Role
- Leading the design of sites or applications, in partnership with your cross-functional peers and the larger design team, in the one of the following areas: online and mobile banking, payments, financial education, and onboarding
- Develop and articulate the user-centered methods and approaches for framing and solving design problems.
- Uphold quality of the output by working with designers and product owners to review and critique the details of the design deliverables and user stories, posing questions and resolving ambiguities.
- Overseeing the creation of common design deliverables including: Research Insights, Flows, Wireframes, Design Specifications, Prototypes and Content Decks.
- Participate in the creation of strategic design deliverables, including: research insights, strategy decks, customer journeys, visions of future experiences.
- Providing mentorship and other guidance to help designers deliver their best work.
- Partnering closely with leadership across product development to drive alignment on customer and business goals, developing a program of work to achieve those goals, focusing efforts of the team on what really matters, and manage expectations about design deliverables, and shipping the ultimate experience.
- Working with designers across scrum teams to estimate and scope design work; keep designers accountable for delivering work in a timely fashion.
- Working with product development leadership peers to identify the ‘big rocks’ to tackle, and working with scrum teams to break these big rocks down into manageable work efforts.
- Active involvement in recruiting for their team, and concerted effort in retaining top talent.
- Support the professional development of team members through mentorship, coaching, and connecting them with resources.
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong presentation skills
- 10+ years’ experience producing mobile and web products that lead to measurable business / customer impact
- 2+ years’ experience working in an agile environment, with distributed teams and agile delivery tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- Of the following skills, demonstrated mastery/expertise in 1, and strength in 2 more: : Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Content Strategy, and User Research
- Experience leading a program of work across multiple teams through the full product development cycle (discovery, concepts, prototypes, specs)
- Consistently articulate a strong design rationale; storytelling skills that compel stakeholders; connect design decisions to broader strategic and business decisions; comfort presenting to all levels of seniority
- Experience working in a complex, regulated environment and managing through legal/compliance issues
- Experience leading with user-centered design approaches, principles, and methodology
- Experience managing creative design efforts in a complex environment
- Expertise with common design tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Photoshop)