Overview As a UX Writer, you’ll regularly use craft, empathy, logic, and data to inform your writing. You’ll apply user-centered design methods to all elements of product copy, with a focus on clarity, coherence, quality, accessibility, and brand relevance. You’ll partner with teams to concept, test, write, and deliver human-centered user experience copy. You’ll join a team of UX architects, and designers who depend on your skills to build effective and delightful experiences.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Use writing and editing skills to write user interface text that facilitates user navigation, as well on-boarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to end user experience.
- Drive vision for product language and content across a product or subject-matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives. Establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Manage projects from needs assessment to implementation; identify opportunities, establish priorities, secure resources, and manage stakeholders.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience on user-focused product writing including work in hardware, software, digital agency, or other relevant product area.
- Experience in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices and how to use data to provide informed user insights.
- Ability to collaborate and influence (without formal authority) engineering, design and product management teams