- Function: Technical Engineering / Design / Support
- Job Ref: 214232
The IT Technician (Unified Communications) role will assist a larger team of Engineers in transitioning to a new UC platform. Responsibilities include providing technical assistance with conducting site surveys and deployment activities, help gather requirements needed to populate a deployment worksheet. This role will also require assisting as needed with basic deployment tasks such as placing and testing phones, providing user training on how to use phone and access voice mail. They will also help with documenting site information as deployed.
• Placement and retrieval of telephony devices
• Install network patch cords to provide network connectivity to telephony devices
• Shipping and receiving of equipment
• Inventory and tracking of equipment
• Request current circuit & DID inventory and configuration information from appropriate teams
• Verify with sites the current data and perform site survey (remote or on-site) to build deployment spreadsheet that will include all data to build the telephony solution at the site
• Document the site configuration
• Provide basic training on phone utilization and accessing voice mail
Skills & Responsibilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least 2 years in a role with customer-facing responsibilities
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer), Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
• Professional business communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to compose grammatically correct, concise and accurate notes
• Technical writing skills
• Professional customer service skills
• Understanding of VoIP telephony - preferred
• Understanding of switches and DHCP - preferred
• Experience with Telephony deployments (Cisco UCM and MS Teams) – preferred
• Travelling is required for this role
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.