Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Senior Health Insurance Underwriter to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Senior Health Insurance Underwriter
Term: 6 + Months
Location: Remote, USA
- 2 years of experience as an underwriter in Large Group underwriting.
- Must have experience underwriting Fully insured experience rated groups.
- Prefer someone with experience with an Excel based rating model.
The purpose of this position is to provide underwriting support for existing staff who have been tasked with major project work. You will manage the relationships of our fully insured group customers in the 51 to 99 segment. In this position you must be comfortable making significant financial decisions and communicating these decisions to customer benefit management staff and others.
- Reviews claims data and analyzes underwriting risk and determines premium rates for fully insured contracts.
- Proactively utilizes strong technical expertise to make recommendations regarding benefit plan design and or product selection.
- Actively participates in final rate negotiations and presentations with our large clients.
- Has the authority to make limited exceptions to standard underwriting policy.