MATRIX is seeking a talented UX Designer for PERMANENT HIRE in the Knoxville, TN area (relocation assistance available for non-locals!). We are hiring immediately! The UI/UX Designer will work as a critical member of a fast-paced design team responsible for the design and user experience of client digital properties.
The ideal candidate must display excellent communication skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Collaborate with designers, business owners and developers to create best in class user interfaces that enable the best experience for our customers.
- Produce wireframes, mockups and functional prototypes.
- Prepare and present design concepts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Build landing pages and static content using a content management system.
- Partner with developers to ensure designs are implemented correctly.
- Design email and other promotional assets as needed.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience working with content management systems
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a team as well as individually
- Ability to present and defend designs in group critiques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- 2-5+ years of digital design experience
- Good foundation of visual design principles such as layout, color, and typography
- Experience designing responsive websites or applications with a “mobile first” mindset
- Strong portfolio of design projects