Our client seeks a mid-level UI/UX Designer to help design and develop a connected suite of world-class B2B e-commerce applications that serve vendors/makers and retail buyers. This is a 100% Remote role, ideally in South Florida, but open to anywhere in the EST/CST zone.
The UX/UI Designer is a key member of a dynamic, close-knit, highly productive team working on software design and development. The UX/UI Designer will work together with other designers and with technologists as part of Agile/Scrum teams delivering innovative products, new features, enhancements and maintenance work.
The ideal candidate is passionate about design, has UX/UI experience with e-commerce software, has exceptional communication skills, enjoys working on a variety of platforms and projects and has a keen eye for detail. The candidate should possess a growth mindset and can work effectively as part of a cross-functional team in a fun, entrepreneurial organization and also work independently to design industry-changing products.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Responsible for designing high quality, user-centered wireframes, storyboards, screen flows and prototypes
- Drive a seamless, consistent experience across web and mobile touch points
- Design the aesthetics (UI) to be implemented within a website or product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts
- Collaborates within a team of UX/UI designers and with Agile/Scrum teams including developers, product owners
- Work closely with customer success and sales teams to be the voice of the customer and ensure a consistently strong user experience
- Create personas, epics and user stories
- Conduct user research and ongoing usability testing
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Track trends in design and emerging technology and conduct competitor analysis
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions.
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Assist with content development
DESIGN/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Most important:
- Minimum three years of UX/UI experience and exceptional portfolio including web and mobile applications.
- Experience implementing responsive and mobile design.
- Experience with cross-browser development principles.
- Experience with Adobe range of products including Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Zeplin and OmniGraffle.
- Experience with HTML5 & CSS3.
- Experience with various libraries or frameworks such Vue, Angular and/or others.
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction.
- Desirable, but not required:
- Bachelors degree in design, HCI or related fields preferred
- Experience with user research and usability testing
- Understanding of software engineering methodologies, frameworks and tools including Agile/Scrum (or similar) methodologies
- Some experience with troubleshooting code such as HTML, CSS and comparable technologies
- Experience with visual modeling tools including UML
- Highly empathetic, user-centered and advocates for the customer
- Organizes time effectively while identifying barriers to progress, proposing solutions and setting priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Presentation skills and ability to discuss and explain design concepts
- Works independently but equally effective working within cross-functional and Agile/Scrum teams
- Passionate, detail oriented and self motivated
- Creative thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter that is comfortable in entrepreneurial settings
- Can work and collaborate effectively with others working remotely
- Able to ramp-up quickly and ideally as e-commerce in B2C or B2B industries
- Strong written, presentation, and documentation skills