Title: UI/UX Designer - Remote
Type: Contract to hire or Direct Hire Opportunity
UX Designer’s are responsible for a set of activities including: conducting initial user research, driving a solution vision based on business and user insights, designing desirable and intuitive multi-channel experiences, developing wireframes and visual designs, and iteratively validating solutions with users. Individual designers may not possess all skills, but should demonstrate deep expertise in 2 or more areas.
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advocates for user-centered design solutions
- Conducts user research to discover insights, define user personas, and map user journeys
- Creates distinctive, branded digital experiences that are desirable and consistent across multiple platforms, devices and channels
- Develops new product concepts, storyboards, detailed interaction designs and screen flows, and prototypes to clearly articulate solutions
- Creates compelling visual designs that align to company and product brand standards
- Conducts concept and usability testing to iteratively validate and improve design solutions
- Actively collaborates as part of an agile team to ensure designs are feasible and implemented accurately
- Tracks user experience metrics and reports on the success of UX improvements, including analytics
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Sarbanes – Oxley, Safety, etc.)
- Perform other duties which are deemed to be an integral part of the position, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements
- Able to plan, conduct, and synthesize user research and usability testing
- Skilled at creating interaction design solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications
- Strong visual design skills, able to create compelling, branded, high-fidelity product screens
- Familiar working with design systems that consistently scale across platforms
- Fresh/ CPG Food knowledge and enthusiasm is a plus
- Hands-on experience designing consumer applications for desktop/ web/ mobile
- Proven experience working in design teams in an Agile product dev. setting
- Experience planning and conducting user research at various design stages
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate the value of a design choice to users and non-designer stakeholders
- Creative problem solving and analytical thinking
- Able to produce high quality creative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Combined skills in 2 of 3 of the following: User Research, Interaction Design, Visual Design
- Synthesizes abstract ideas into tangible solutions for design
- Is passionate about problem solving through design
- Sees value in taking an iterative design approach
- Has a strong sense of ownership and proactively advocates for the end user
- Open to taking on new challenges and learning new skills
- Collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative)
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Apply to MATRIX today!