Job Title: Tier 1/Tier 2 Support Technician
Locations: San Francisco, CA, Denver, CO, Dallas, TX, or New York, NY
Length: 6 months - likely to extend
We’re looking for a front-line IT Support Technician with the technical proficiency and customer service skills to help support our client’s key technology platforms. Not only do you need to possess the skills to inspire confidence in our support team, but you also need to be prideful about your work. A successful candidate will be able to detail incoming concerns from end-users as well as guide the end-to-end process that results in customer satisfaction.
- The person hired as Tier 1/Tier 2 Support Technician will enjoy a variety of tasks in a great team environment.
- The primary objective of this position will be to provide first-level (Tier 1) and occasionally second level (Tier 2) troubleshooting support to our client’s end-users, ensuring their concerns are received and understood clearly and supported appropriately.
- The Tier 1/Tier 2 Support Technician coordinates with other IT Support teammates, operations, and engineering support to resolve incidents.
- Works directly with customers on their IT services to include resolution and improvement of services.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and support of operating systems and productivity software (iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows OS and Office, Adobe suite, browsers)
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems, including third-party applications, utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Providing installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting support of software, computers, printers, tablets, and smartphone devices - requests may come via phone, e-mail, or via help tickets directly from end-users or other teams; support needs may require full or part-time presence at a client site.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Answers user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Please note that participation in an on-call rotation is required, that means we’ll need you to work after normal business hours and on weekends occasionally.
- Two or more recent years of hands-on experience in Tier 1 and Tier 2 support roles in a multi-site environment
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, including the ability to understand user problems and explain technical fixes clearly and understandably to users
- Familiarity with macOS support and administration.
- Ability to navigate applications used and supported by IT such as Zendesk, Gmail, Slack, Okta, etc.
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues and explaining them in terms matching the customer's technical understanding.
- Proactive and eager to take on new challenges.
- Able to gracefully handle and execute on high-priority requirements with little notice.
- Thrives in a diverse environment that includes non-technical end users.