KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Review and analyze requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Prioritize and plan testing activities.
- Design, develop, and execute automated tests.
- Identify and report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved.
- Test features and functions at user interfaces (UI) for validation against backend systems and/or databases to identify anomalies.
- Identify test data in multiple databases by writing complex queries (MSSQL, PLSQL, DB2,NOSQL) to retrieve data and verify results.
- Perform system testing, regression testing, negative testing, component level testing, boundary testing, and smoke testing.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understands Test Automation Architecture (one with experience building automation frameworks from ground up is highly preferred).
- Software QA automation experience working with at least one programming language such as: Java, C#, Python.
- Wears Multiple hats and when needed is willing to do Manual testing as well Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Heavily involved in end to end testing and back end validations including database and API testing.
- Experience working with NoSql databases.
- Experience in e-Commerce and mobile testing of Apps on iOS and Android platforms is a plus.
- Experience with AWS a plus.
- Experience with Test case management system like TestRail,Jira.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to efficiently communicate with Test lead, Developers and Product Owners.
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action and an It Can Be Done attitude.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.