Job Title: Telecom Site Audit Technician
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: Nine Months
The telecom site audit technician will work inside of a telephone company central office to physically count, label, and record telephone central office equipment and cabling quantities and locations into an inventory database, and also install fiber and copper signal cabling. Qualified candidates are knowledgeable regarding copper/fiber cabling and familiar with telecom transport equipment including DWDM, SONET, DACS/DCS, and IP routers.
- Physically count and record quantities and locations (record rack/shelf/slot) of telecom equipment, including model number, description, part number, serial number, etc. Equipment types include DWDM and SONET multiplexers, DACS/DCS, routers, etc.
- Physically trace, label and record fiber optic and copper cabling, including recording of cross-connect panel terminations. Includes hand-over-hand physical tracing and the use of cable finder test equipment to perform continuity testing and active/non-active status of cables.
- Run new fiber or copper cables and attach labeling per circuit migration design.
- Prior experience with central office site auditing, equipment and cable installation.
- Flexible to work days or maintenance windows.
- Must be able to stand, crouch, step stool for extended periods of time.
- Ability to input data into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Basic mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail and quality of work.
- Motivated self-starter with a passion and drive to start and complete projects. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and self-transportation to/from site.