Job Title: Telecom Site Audit/Wiring Technician
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: Six Months
The telecom site audit/wiring technician will work inside of a telephone company central office to physically count, label, and record telephone central office equipment and cabling locations into an inventory database, and will also assist with migrations/cutovers of live customer circuits. Preferred candidates are knowledgeable regarding copper/fiber cabling, plus DS1, DS3, SONET, Ethernet and DWDM circuit types.
- Physically count and record quantities and locations (record rack/shelf/slot) of telecom equipment, including model number, description, part number, serial number, etc.
- Physically trace, label and record fiber optic and copper cabling.
- Run new fibers and attach labeling per network design documentation.
- Assist with the pre-test and cutover of live customer circuits including DS1, DS3, SONET, Ethernet and DWDM circuit types.
- Equipment decommissioning (i.e., power down) and disconnections (i.e. cabling). Does not include physical removal of equipment hardware.
- Prior experience with low voltage wiring and equipment installation.
- Flexible to work day shift (site audits) or night shift (circuit cutovers).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to input data in Microsoft Excel.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Basic mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail and quality of work.
- Motivated self-starter with a passion and drive to start and complete projects. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and self-transportation to/from site.