Position: Telecom Warehouse Materials Coordinator
Location: Edinburg, VA
Duration: 12 Months.
Our client, a leading telecommunication provider is seeking an Telecom Materials Coordinator to work on a team of OSP project leads to ensure the timely, safe, and cost effective construction of client outside plant projects include all OSP engineering work orders in client’s network consisting of the copper, coax, or fiber network. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of telecom materials coordination experience and live within 3hrs or so north of VA, to cover markets which will be in WV, PA, MD (mostly focused in PA markets).
- Transacting materials in the warehouse software.
- Set up pick tickets for the warehouse personnel to pick.
- Schedule for the contractor to come pick up the material.
- Obtain daily material consumption from the contractors and then transact the material to the correct job in the warehouse software.
- (2x per year) helping with inventory counts (as it is safe within our company’s COVID guidelines).
- Build pick tickets in excel based of off information given from construction.
- Coordinate material pick-ups with contractors and warehouse personnel.
- Understand and interpret information entered into construction contractor’s material consumption reports, including but not limited to analysis to find material discrepancies.
- Pull reports from Smartsheet and enter contractor’s consumption into AX.
- Perform material reconciliation on materials after job is complete.
- Verify contractors counts during cycle counts and biannually inventory counts and work with contractor to resolve variances.
- Send out weekly reports to contractors for consumption.
- 1-2 years of OSP materials coordination/management experience
- 1 years of project coordination experience
- Familiar with redlines and I also as-built prints from construction/engineering
- Understand warehouse software and how Telecom OSP materials are picked from inventory, given to contractors, then consumed on the job when they are installed.
- Experience managing multiple complex technical projects simultaneously
- Previous experience with either Microsoft AX or Orbital warehouse software
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and matrix management
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Education: Associates Degree with Related work Experience