Title: RF Engineering Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC
Looking for a seasoned Engineer to lead the Land Mobile Radio Systems (LMRS) efforts for a large Utility company based in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will have been the lead working on LMR systems for 10 or more years preferably on Motorola and/or Harris equipment. The position will include designing new systems, overseeing contractors replacing existing systems and managing the daily maintenance associated with the company’s LMR System for the Western Carolina area.
- Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in radio communications, with some supervision.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems in Radio Communications.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies to include coverage maps.
- Train less experienced employees on the LMR System.
- Provide oversight of subcontractors as required and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Design, develop, document and test hardware and/or software systems ranging from the straightforward to extremely complex.
- Estimate, track, own and report status relating to technical, cost and schedule performance for assigned scope of work.
- Create and run verification and validation tests for products and sub- systems of moderate complexity.
- Ensure compliance with local and federal regulations.
- 10 plus years’ experience working on LMR Systems
- 5 plus years’ experience as the lead over the LMR system for a large company
- 3 plus years’ experience working in a Utility company
- 2 plus years’ experience overseeing sub-contractors installing LMR systems
- Proven project experience working with the Motorola or Harris LMR systems
- Proven project experience working with Spectrum Analysis and associated frequency planning and design
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology or 10 years equivalent experience with no degree
- Experience acquiring and managing FCC Licenses
- Knowledge of private cellular network build-out