Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Telecom Coordinator
Location: Richmond, VA 23219
Term: 10 months
- Identifying connectivity (broadband and cellular) challenges within individual State parks – this includes travel to Parks and meetings with Parks staff.
- Researching customer survey results in regards to connectivity challenges and researching current solutions in other states.
- Coordinating meetings with Park staff and connectivity providers to identify solutions to connectivity challenges.
- Working with DCR IT, State Parks Administration, and DCR Administration Division to identify funding sources for solution implementation.
- Providing Short term and Long term written connectivity solution business plans per Park with associated projected expenses.
- Prioritizing connectivity needs and projects.
- Work with Vendors on and off the VITA state contract for new products and implementations.
- Work with ILEC and CLEC on Trouble Tickets related to Telecom outages.
- Review telecom bills monthly for accuracy and to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Coordinate meetings between vendors and DCR IT Staff to discuss connectivity solutions.
- Advice agency staff on new state contract telecom offerings.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience with connectivity and cross-over cabling.
- Ability to communicate technical information so that a lay person can understand the information.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with customers, vendors and team members.
- Must have valid Driver’s License. Must be willing to do overnight travel to State Park areas (State vehicle provided for travel).
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate client issues.
- Ability to understand, define and document telecommunications system requirements.
- Must be able to physically able to climb ladders (some heights over 25 feet) to access equipment on a regular basis.
- Must have good project management /organizational skills.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!