Job Title: Telecom Circuit Migration Technician
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: Six Months
The telecom circuit migration technician will: (i) work inside of a telephone company central office to physically count, label, and record telephone central office equipment and cabling quantities and locations into an inventory database, plus (ii) support migrations/cutovers of live customer circuits. Qualified candidates are knowledgeable regarding copper/fiber cabling, telecom transport equipment including DWDM, SONET, DACS/DCS, IP routers, plus DS1, DS3, SONET, Ethernet and DWDM circuit types.
- Physically count and record quantities and locations (record rack/shelf/slot) of telecom equipment, including model number, description, part number, serial number, etc. Equipment types include DWDM and SONET multiplexers, DACS/DCS, routers, etc.
- Physically trace, label and record fiber optic and copper cabling, including recording of cross-connect panel terminations. Includes hand-over-hand physical tracing and the use of cable finder test equipment to perform continuity testing and active/non-active status of cables.
- Run new fibers and attach labeling per migration design.
- Pre-test and support the vendor managed grooms/cutover of live customer circuits including DS1, DS3, SONET, Ethernet and DWDM circuit types. Conference bridge with remote groom techs.
- Equipment decommissioning (i.e., power down) and disconnections (i.e. cabling). Does not include physical removal of equipment hardware.
- Prior experience with central office site auditing, equipment and cable installation.
- Prior experience with testing DS1, DS3, SONET, Ethernet and DWDM circuit types.
- Flexible to work day shift (site audits) or night shift (circuit cutovers).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to prepare records and reports in Microsoft Excel.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Basic mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail and quality of work.
- Motivated self-starter with a passion and drive to start and complete projects. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and self-transportation to/from site.