Location: Charlotte, NC or London, UK
Our client is seeking a Technology Manager - Research & Quant Development to join its Software Engineering Team. As a member of this team, the associate will lead a team of highly technical developers to support the Research, Quant, Risk Management and ESG business value streams.
The associate will drive a team of developers to build and support analytic libraries and tools to support the business partners’ analytics and strategic needs. This person will work closely with business leaders on the Research & Quant, Enterprise Risk and ESG teams to deliver strategic projects enhancing analytics capability and performance.
- Working with Quant, Risk Engineers, ERM, ESG and other Technology leads, helping deliver a range of strategic initiatives and projects.
- Developing and delivering highly performant custom analytical utilities and tools.
- Heading up Quant Analytics development activity.
- Using mathematical and statistical skills to design software to support Quantitative Analysts.
- Helping make improvements to the CI/CD Pipeline and developer tooling/experience.
- Managing and optimizing client use of the analytics libraries and tools.
- Managing, leading and coaching a global team of developers with high technical expertise.
- Promoting agile methodology for the development team.
- Collaborating with the Quality Engineering Team on testing efforts.
- Experience leading a highly technical global team in a Quant development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computational Mathematics or Financial Engineering.
- Master’s degree or advanced training is a huge plus.
- Proficiency in C#, Python, R and SQL preferred
- Proficient in Quantitative. Statistical, and ML/AI techniques and their implementation.
- Excellent Mathematical foundation and hands-on experience working in the finance industry
- Understanding of financial capital markets and financial tools.
- Understanding of the effects of ESG on financial markets preferred.
- Experience working in Fixed Income or Risk Management spaces a big plus.
- Working experience with Enterprise risk management products for GRC, counterparty risk, model risk etc. is highly preferred.
- Ability to manage a highly technical team in a fast-paced development environment with good time-management, organization and communication skills.