MATRIX has partnered with a premier client for a Senior Technical Project / Program Manager that will be based in Chicago but will travel to the Beloit, WI area from time to time. Do you live, eat, and dream about running successful projects within an ERP environment? Do the following 4 bullet points describe your background?
- Director/Program Manager that is wanting to be a hands-on delivery contributor on a $20M+ transformational program that is directly impacting the bottom line of a $10B+ company.
- Hands-on technical project execution experience where they demonstrated a passion for driving requirements and solution design, managing development, contributing to test execution and quality assessments, and building detailed deployment and backout plans.
- Experience professional that is comfortable presenting to the “C suite” and working with all levels of the program from 3rd party vendors to architects/engineers and from business analysts to business subject matter experts/product owners.
- Day-in, day-out mentality for building “To Do” lists and strong collaboration (this is a project work within a larger program, heavy dependencies and integration points).
When projects need you to get your "hands dirty" with the details and be thoroughly involved with the business - do you get excited? Then this job is definitely for you!
Project Manager Overview: The overall objective of the project manager is to lead the end to end life cycle of IT projects using the established project management guidelines. The project manager will also drive changes to the project delivery framework to improve overall project performance.
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
Conduct project management
- Direct strategic initiatives and other IT projects
- Understand the business objectives for all associated projects; continually reassess and adjust project outcomes to align with strategic objectives
- Work with resource managers to allocate work across product and functional teams in a way that balances priorities, capacity utilization, and technical expertise.
- Work with Business Analysts, Business Leads, and Product Owners to prioritize work based on due dates, dependences, and business priorities.
- Coordinate interactions between product and functional teams. Facilitate coordination using dashboards, reports and meetings as needed.
- Coordinate timelines and release schedules. Ensure that different project paces and methodologies (sprints, waterfall milestones, etc.) are coordinated to minimize contention for technical resources, issues with dependencies, etc.
- Work with business sponsor, stakeholders and project/product teams to schedule releases. Ensure that releases are sequenced logically and in a way that best meets the capacity of the delivery teams and the needs of the business. Verify that release plans and support plans are in place and have the appropriate level of ownership and involvement from impacted teams.
- Manage the functional and technical dependencies between the work being performed by various product and functional teams.
- Serve as escalation point for product and project teams dealing with conflicts, risks and impediments. Work with business and IT leadership, as needed, to drive resolution.
- Lead cross team business requirement workshops and gap analysis activities.
- Define project charters and project timelines. Track milestones and deliverables to meet defined timelines. Lay out course to get project over the finish line (not just monthly or quarterly objectives).
- Review SOW and accountable to commitments with vendors for overall project plans
- Practice RAID log based methodologies
- Engage cross team resources timely to ensure planning is done well in advanced for all effected development teams as some utilize Agile methodologies
- Work jointly with QA resources to plan based on product testing timelines
- Participate and align with deployment readiness team around training and change management for successful deployments
- Foster effective Hypercare support and hand off to operational and business support teams
- Understand technologies and underlying architecture for scalability
- Recognize business continuity disaster recovery plans
- Own from inception to support
- Demonstrated track record in delivering multiple large, complex projects and/or programs as well as managing/mentoring of project managers with a strong focus on execution
- Experience with large complex ERP replacement and/or upgrade projects; focused on business transformation of the back office (accounting and support) and operations (distributed) process areas
- Ability to communicate effectively with IT and business management and executives across many mediums including email, report, verbal, and presentation formats
- Excellent overall written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate expert skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Knowledge of PMBOK processes, techniques and tools
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication, planning, presentation, and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively work independently and across teams, functions, and departments.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and programs simultaneously
- Business Acumen, Conflict Resolution and Critical Thinking
- Accountable for delivery of large enterprise wide projects
- Understanding of master data and processes
- Soft skills that make people successful at the client, able to drive multiple teams over the finish line, work directly with senior leadership, manage a matrix team (no reports directly), drive reports of 40-50 people, project influence using different techniques
- Vendor management
- Has experience doing integration projects with internal resources and 3rd party vendors
- Get them to operate on plan
- Staying on top of vendors
- Experience integrating with third party vendors
Certificates and experience
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of direct work experience in a project and/or program management capacity, including all aspects of system development life cycle
- Minimum 7-10 experience in delivering solutions for both the front office and the back-office stakeholders
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom is desirable, but not required