Title: Technical Writer
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating, maintaining, updating manuals, procedures, specifications, and other documents for the Housing Choice Voucher program. Interfaces with translators to convert writing into a variety of languages. The Technical Writer will design, establish style guidelines, and the standard language for Quality Assurance Compliance reviews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience (participants) and the documentation required by meeting and working with managers to discuss technical and format problems.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension, writes, and edits technical information accordingly (Performs this task so general population can understand our documents).
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed.
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions for clarity and consistency.
- Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads complex technical data.
- Creates, maintains, and updates manuals, procedures, specifications, and other documents.
- Develops plain language or plain writing guidelines for written communication and ensures the guidelines are met in department written materials.
- Reviews, revises, and modifies website and/or portal information /messaging intended for the general public, participants, and/or property owners.
- Reviews, revises, modifies, or edits letters, forms and documents that are generated for general population use.
- Compiles, organizes, and writes online help files to support end-users.
- Evaluates and recommends revisions to standards and guidelines.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience required
- 1 – 2 years of Technical writing experience
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Superior attention to detail, with the ability to locate resources and research
- Writes technical documents in compliance with the company’s established standards and guidelines.
- Provides writing, editing and design support to other department needs.
- Specializes in technical writing for one or more specific housing related industries.
Works in an office environment. May require frequent bending, stooping, reaching and prolonged sitting. May require regular lifting usually not exceeding 20lbs.
Apply to MATRIX today!