Title: Technical Writer
Location: Temporarily remote while SIP; San Francisco, CA or Sacramento, CA
Summary of Work
The Business Systems Analyst is part of a team providing a broad range of technical subject matter expertise for multiple technology projects in support of application, infrastructure and service deployments in conjunction with a team of enterprise architects, project managers, network engineers, vendors, local court IT staff and justice partners.
Minimum Job-Specific Skills/Qualifications Required (in order of relative importance):
- Proven experience working in a business and technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead discussion with both technical and non-technical staff
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Experience producing the following document types:
- Developing and documenting use cases, user stories
- Business, Function and Non-functional requirements
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Knowledgeable in the following subject domains, but not limited to
- Multi-tier application system design and documentation
- Web-based application and deployment designs
- Networking designs: routing, switching, security, remote access, proxy
- Policies and procedures
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
- Experience in a government agency and interfacing with other government agencies or entities.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams.
- Conceptual understanding of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Samples of relevant published work are desired such as technical implementation plans, architectural as-built documentation, test plans, scope of work, project summary sheets, high level network diagrams, etc.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide business and technical writing support to project team members
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Participate in technical meetings to develop, gather, document and disseminate the technical outcomes of the meeting, including but not limited to escalation recommendations.
- Facilitate the documentation of application architecture and security reviews for applications and services.
- Incorporates project information and details into written form to ensure completeness, correctness and consistent style
- Create test strategies and test plans for new feature and perform testing that will be used to verify a feature.
- Create and maintain user guides, demo videos, test scripts and other project artifacts.
- Prepares technical documents for disaster recovery and business continuity processes.
- Create and maintain content on SharePoint site for the projects
- Monthly status report