Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Technical Writer
Location: Lansing Michigan 48933
Term: 11 Months
- Attend JobNet project planning meetings to learn the scope and function of the proposed systems.
- Gather information about the JobNet users’ job functions and responsibilities, and determine their expectations about how JobNet application will address their needs.
- Present documentation options to the users, with examples and explanations of the best fit between task and documentation types.
- Present training options for JobNet, such as training scripts, task-based quick reference guides, and formal classroom training.
- Develop the JobNet application training documentation to be delivered as part of the project sprint deliverables. The deliverables include online help, short videos, quick guide references for the Job types and coordinate with the developers to create and implement it.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of application modules.
- Develop easy to understand quick reference guide, on-line documents, videos and user guide
- Attend user acceptance testing to gather feedback from users about the delivered documentation, and then if applicable, create quick reference guides that assist in the transition to the delivered solution.
- Deliver approved application training documentation on a timely basis, as determined in the project plan.
- Identify training needs.
- Schedule, coordinate and assist with training.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- 4+ years of experience preparing short video tutorials.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- 4+ years of experience with short video making tools such as windows media player/movie maker.
- 8+ years of experience conducting end user product training class sessions.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!