Title: Technical Trainer
Term: 12 months
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
We are searching for a Technical Trainer who will be responsible for developing and deploying a technical training program for our client's employees based on the software, systems, and equipment utilized within our organization. The responsibilities of the Technical Trainer will include developing a training plan and curriculum based on organizational needs, creating literature and materials to be used in the training program, designing exercises to enhance end user training courses, conducting training sessions, and evaluating the results of the training program to determine overall effectiveness of the program.
The Technical Trainer must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. Additionally, they must be an excellent communicator and be able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
• Prepare technical training programs according to organizational requirements.
• Assist in design of computer-based and multimedia curriculum and determining course content according to objectives.
• Create training materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, training aids, presentations, worksheets, etc.) and classroom agendas.
• Produce training schedules and announcements.
• Determine system utilization requirements by researching and testing systems.
• Conduct training sessions, webinars, workshops etc., in groups or individually, in-person or virtually.
• Keep and report data on completed courses, issues, etc.
• Observe and evaluate results of training program to determine overall effectiveness of program.
• Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
• Mentor other instructors in the subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques for assigned technical courses.
• Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
• Identify areas where departments can make more effective use od SharePoint, Teams, and Office365
• Maintain an awareness of Office365 roadmap and releases.
• Provide support for end user applications as needed.
Formal Education & Certification
• CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) Certification
• MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer) Certification preferred, but not required
• Degree in a relevant technical field preferred, but not required
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience assessing training needs.
• Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating training programs for a large organization.
• Experience planning and preparing instructional courses and deploying training programs for trainees in single and groups.
• Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects.
• Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office365 Suite of Products including, but not limited to Microsoft Teams and OneDrive.
• Expert in Windows10 and Microsoft Edge.
• Familiar with Mobile User Interfaces: Apple iOS and Android.
• Familiar with Microsoft SharePoint 365 OnPrem/Online.
• Knowledge of key-end user scenarios and technical architecture for Office365, Teams, SharePoint, and other Office 365 products.
• Skilled in planning, coordinating, and leading training programs.
• Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds.
• Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
• Strong listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to analyze target audience and to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text.
• Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Apply to MATRIX today!