Premier North Atlanta -based organization is seeking an experienced Desktop Technical Support consultant for a long-term contract position. In this role, you will provide on-site end-user computing support including: investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware, software, network, and instructional technology incidents.
- Provide assistance to schools in troubleshooting IT technology in several learning locations, media centers, admin facilities and support offices.
- Manage service requests through the ticketing system, meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) including response time and resolution time.
- Communicate bi-directionally regarding status of IT incidents and planned IT initiatives (such as online testing) to the service desk, technical support coordinators and schools through the incident tracking software.
- Assist with general maintenance to keep network running smoothly and with on-site network-related repair requests with service desk personnel.
- Document LAN wiring diagram including: wiring closet identification, wiring closet equipment configuration, and wiring drop identification.
- Set up new devices, workstations, print stations, and assignments to default printers.
- Maintain data catalogue of inventory and performs record keeping functions of hardware locations, assignments, quantities, types and required repairs, including start-up and end-of-year processes.
- 5+ years of providing end user support in an enterprise level organization, administering a Windows or Mac computing environment, or working with WAN/LAN environments.
- Microsoft Certification (MCP or MCSE or any desktop support certifications) is ideal.
- Understanding of and experience working with technology hardware, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, printers, projectors, smart boards, scanners, and digital cameras.
- Knowledge of one or more operating systems, such as Microsoft, Mac, or Linux.
- Experience using SCCM to create collections and push software.
- Familiarity with IT support tools, such as Active Directory, Remedy or LANdesk.
- Working knowledge of PC/LAN application software including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), E-Mail (MS Outlook) and Internet Browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari).
MUST have own reliable transportation to travel to different locations in Metro Atlanta. Mileage reimbursement available.