Position: Technical Service Experience Depot Technician
Location: Irvine, CA 92602
Term: 7 Months
The Technical Service Experience Depot Technician will oversee depot operations and fulfill all equipment request received such as onboarding and offboarding of employees; procurement of additional hardware; configure and setup of equipment; preparation of equipment for shipment; legal hold requests, and asset management including disposal.
- Fulfill equipment requisition based on business needs such as new hire, termination, legal hold, and peripherals.
- Validates and procure equipment. Verify equipment availability from internal stock and work with Procurement Department if additional equipment is needed.
- Maintain accurate inventory of equipment on hand/deployed at all times and participate in Hardware audits.?
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting, installing and upgrading of hardware, software and configuring systems / applications.
- Ensure asset management system is updated for all equipment on hand, in transit, deployed and retired.
- Prepare, test, and configure equipment for deployment.
- Package and ship equipment (boxing, packing materials, etc.)
- Disposal of equipment that are end of life.
- Extensive hands-on experience installing and maintaining the following: Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, MacOS
- Experience with Ivanti LANDesk, McAfee Enterprise Edition, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and would like experience with BitLocker, MBAM, Powershell and Service-Now
- Experience in virus detection and removal
- Be familiar with Windows Deployment Toolkit for Imaging
- Technical knowledge of laptop and desktop hardware including peripherals
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Technical knowledge of printers and scanners
- Equivalent completion of two years college-level coursework in computer science, information technology and/or a related field, and two years of general computer installation, maintenance, and repair experience in a support environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
- A+ certification preferred
- Maintain a high level of initiative and dedication and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled in organizing tasks and able to handle multiple priorities and possess a high degree of flexibility
- Effective time management
- Take full ownership and responsibility for problems, as an individual and/or as a part of the team
- Effective communication with team players across the company and across multiple levels of the organization
- Continue follow-ups as necessary until problem is resolved or project is over
- Manages expectations throughout the process by keeping the customer informed regarding status and timing
- Notify customers, supervisor and/or manager as soon as a commitment may be missed
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Document work being performed
- Ability to lift and bend with 50 pounds