Job Title: Technical Scrum Master
Job Location: Middletown, NJ or Plano, TX.
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Description: Seeking a Certified Scrum Master. The CSM must have experience as an Agile facilitator and Servant Leader, to promote self-organization in the engineering teams. The CSM will enable cooperation across all roles and functions, address resource issues, remove dependencies, and enforce scrum practices. Candidates must possess experience software engineering and well-versed with Java, RESTful APIs, and SQL.
- Guides the scrum teams on Agile /Scrum Practices and facilitates Scrum Ceremonies including daily stand-ups, planning, backlog grooming, demo meetings, and retrospectives
- Removes roadblocks/Impediments for the team through collaboration with cross-functional teams, and internal and external entities
- Help teams or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them, while shielding the team from outside distractions and interference
- Use Project Management Tools such as Jira to manage agile scrum projects, resource capacity and track dependencies while ensuring completion of milestones within specific budgets and schedules.
- Roll-up the sleeves to help the scrum to address technical issues using Java, RESTful APIs, and SQL knowledge.
- Define strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to present the project progress and share project information with other professionals in the organization.
- Perform quality management, evaluate metrics related to performance and satisfaction while simultaneously ensuring iteration objectives are met.
- Serve as an ardent leader and drive a continuous culture of innovation, simplification and continuous improvement through best practice sharing, advocacy and hands-on leadership.
- Derive actionable insights from data and routinely present recommendations and efficiency improvements.
- Identify and communicate project risks throughout the project lifecycle, ensure risks are fully evaluated and mitigation actions are in place, and ensure risks are promptly communicated and tracked with customers
- 10+ years of proven project management experience in full life-cycle software development/implementation.
- 5+ plus years Scrum Master experience in driving agile Scrum projects and facilitates Scrum Ceremonies including daily stand-ups, planning, backlog grooming, demo meetings, and retrospectives in any well-known software environment
- Must have proven experience in using tools like Jira, Confluence, MS Projects, etc.
- Must have software engineering background with hands-on experience in Java, RESTful APIs, and SQL
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified SAFe® Scrum Master is MUST
- Certified SAFe 4 Agilist is MUST
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Good knowledge of SDN/NF is a plus.
Education: BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, MBA a real plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience of project management supporting both traditional and agile model for full technology development life cycle
- Demonstrated capability to work on several projects simultaneously with cross functional team’s and resources.
- Strong Hands-on discerning and committed decision maker Leader as well as team player who is resourceful and possesses an ability to foster good working relationships, both internally and externally
- Strong Financial Acumen: Cost accounting, forecasting and budgeting capabilities with demonstrated assembling of comprehensive software development estimates, budgets and schedules
- Servant Leader whose focus is on the needs of the team members and those they serve (the customer), with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives
- Facilitator by setting the stage and providing clear boundaries in which the team can collaborate
- Coach the individual with a focus on mindset and behavior, the team in continuous improvement and the organization in truly collaborating with the agile Team
- Conflict navigator to address unproductive attitudes and dysfunctional behaviors
- Ability to break down major issues and problems into workable pieces; see whole situation behind a problem or issue; able to understand causes, effects and implications.