Join a Top 5 NetSuite Global Partner with honors that include the 2015 Worldwide Partner of the Year Award, the 2017 and 2018 Americas Partner of the Year Awards and have been recognized with the 5-Star Award every year since 2013.
Typical Day in the Life
You will help our clients and prospects cost effectively improve, manage and protect their technology environments by architecting and solutioning effective and secure strategies, processes and applications to meet their business needs. You understand the technical issues and business challenges they are facing and use this knowledge and your experience to design tailored technical solutions that align to the organization’s objectives and needs. You will assist in growing our existing Microsoft practice and to build upon our AWS capabilities.
This Technical Sales Engineer role has three primary responsibilities:
- Business development support, through client/prospect discovery sessions, architecting, scoping & estimating
- Revenue generation through project execution and incident response remediation and escalations
- Mentoring of engineers and support staff in support of solutions we are implementing
A typical day as a Technical Sales Engineer – Cloud may include:
- Cultivate new and existing client relationships to identify technology and security opportunities with clients and prospects based on business and technology conversations
- Architect solutions and develop supporting Statements of Work defining scope, approach and estimated work effort to support our clients’ technology needs
- Perform assessments and deliver action plans and roadmaps for our clients to close their technical and security related gaps and migrate to a cloud environment
- Lead systems analysis and ensure satisfactory performance by providing recommendations, assessments, planning, deployment, configuring, systems integration, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and maintenance of operating systems, software applications, web deployed applications, and systems security.
- Identify new and leverage existing technology solutions to solve business and technology challenges problems
- Perform research and lead proof of concept efforts to determine where additional technologies may be necessary
- Engage with incident response teams and client IT teams for rapid containment and log collection
- Assist with comprehensive investigations and triage on wide variety of client environments and implement respond and remediation efforts
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership to grow technical staff knowledge and experience
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and issues to apply that knowledge to client issues and solutions.
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to complex security and technology issues
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science or management information systems
- Ideal candidate will have more than 10 years working within a consulting firm, providing similar services and advising clients
- You have prior experience presenting to C Level executives, business owners and stakeholders and are effective engaging in technical discussions with non-technical leaders and briefing senior executives on their current environment and industry
- Confident in leading project meetings and working as part of a technical team to design, implement and manage solutions.
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible and able to accommodate changing schedules of client and project needs and willingness to work extended hours as needed.
- Rigorous attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- You have the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent understanding of IT protocols, technologies such as TCP/IP, OSI model and various other protocols, tools and methods
- Excellent windows and network troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with Virtualization platforms.
- Experience with next generation endpoint protection and email security filtering solutions.
- Strong experience, working knowledge and best practice understanding of:
- Azure: Active Directory, IaaS, Security, Cloud App Security, SentinelOne, Intune
- M365: Email, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Security, ATP, Windows Defender, Conditional Access Controls, MFA
- On premise Microsoft technologies from servers to workstations, VMware, Endpoint Protection, Next Gen Firewalls, and Content Filters
- Network technologies including SonicWALL, Cisco and FortiGate
- Experience with AWS configurations including compute and storage
- Obtain additional certifications as needed
- Travel up to 25% possible