Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is a global, values-driven corporation that leads the communications, automotive, and media industries. Apply today to be on a team that disrupts industries and builds a better future for the next generation.
Position: Technical Release Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Term: 6 months
- Drive the end-to-end pipeline process - for multiple, weekly planned releases, and unplanned hotfix releases.
- Drive the end-to-end pipeline process for infrastructure, DR, and configuration deployments.
- Proactively identify technical or process improvement opportunities, and partner with delivery teams or integration stakeholders to implement them.
- Represent release priorities and align team members through rapid changes.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues within the delivery teams and to Stakeholders.
- Maintain a focus on high risk changes going out in a release, and steps taken to mitigate them.
- Continuously improve the automation release processes and strengthen the definition of release readiness.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum 5 years in release management
- Development experience: Have worked with Java, Python, Ruby, Go, PHP
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools (GitHub Actions, GitLab, Jenkins/Hudson, Rundeck, Travis, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with fast and Agile release cycles.
- Above average ability to multi-task and keep multiple threads in progress simultaneously.
- Above average ability to exercise flexibility to quickly change priorities when needed.
- Sufficient level of technical aptitude to effectively communicate with Engineers and draw attention to technical risks or challenges. Understand how code is built and constructed into a CI/CD pipeline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively communicates within Engineering as well as with non-technical teams.
- Able to adjust communication style to communicate with individual Engineers as well as C-level leaders.
Even better if you have:
- Development with Ansible, puppet, or pearl script.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!