Technology Project / Program Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA (Remote)
This rapidly scaling,global leader SAAS client is headquartered in San Francisco and has an immediate need to add a Technical Program Manager with IT/Engineering/Products expertise to their growing organization.
As a Technology Project / Program Manager, you are in a highly visible position within the organization – partnering with Engineering and IT to drive and deliver key programs and highly engaging events that power innovation and strengthen organizational alignment. You will be a key person for taking programs forward and executing on innovative Technology functions like our Hackathon. You are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also dig in, and get the job done by employing both a strategic and tactical approach which is required for this role.
The qualified candidate will not only have strong TPM experience, but also Engineering process development and implementation in a SaaS and Agile environment. You’re an individual who is self-motivated and driven, can thrive in a fast paced setting, and has demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for success of large programs with ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Assist with coordination of internal hackathon event
- Create and maintain internal landing wiki for all participants, including child pages for team submissions
- Coordinate and track creation of themed design and procurement/distribution of shirts
- Assist with promotional content (emails, in-person announcements, Slack reminders) as required
- Assist with planning and communication with helpers…MCs, moderators, AV support to ensure readiness
- Assist with organizing and scheduling engagement activities throughout the hackathon event
- Assist with scheduling and execution of hackathon demo viewing event. Put together timed show flow. Provide hands on direction and support on day of event
- Publish weekly status report of all key milestones, progress, and key issues to management and key stakeholders
- Assist with coordination of patent related activities
- Process intake of new invention disclosures. Acknowledge receipt, post for review and provide follow up status
- Maintain a tracking wiki for newly submitted invention disclosures. Follow up with responsible persons to evaluate submissions
- Schedule and facilitate review sessions with the internal patent council. Record minutes and action items with follow up
- Maintain a tracking wiki for invention disclosures that are progressing toward legal review.
- Communicate with legal counsel and IP Attorney for current status and open items. Work with submitters to drive closure.
- 5+ years of technical program management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs
- 8+ years of technical project management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers as well as organizational leadership
- Experience working with Engineering or IT teams in an agile environment
- Experience in creation of a project plan, coordination of meetings, and regular communication of progress.
- Coordinate with management and technical teams to ensure smooth delivery of organizational events
- Ability to drive alignment, prioritization, and planning activities across a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Strong and articulate communicator
- Experience with project management and reporting tools such as Gsuite and O365. Extensive experience working with JIRA/Confluence is a must.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified in Agile and Scrum a plus