IT Project Manager / Scrum Master - Atlanta, GA
Global organization seeking a Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master for visible projects within the enterprise IT environment. This PM/SM will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Agile development (Scrum, SAFe, etc), removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving standards of work. This role is a pivotal part of a broader Scrum team that partners with Solution Architects and Product Owners to ensure solution needs become reality. This role will be primary Scrum Master for a Finance team and will also serve as Project Manager to hybrid project teams moving to Agile. This role serves growing agile teams needing support on path to maturity. Looking for a DRIVER and a PM/SM that truly understands "messy Agile" in the evolution from Waterfall to Agile.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as team Primary Point of Contact for status on work on board, team capacity, and team blockers.
- Organize and facilitate Sprint sessions, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings with efficiency and motivation.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Facilitate and lead the team in adoption of Agile best practices.
- Support the Director of Agile and the Agile Management Office in team development.
- Serve as Technical Project Manager on hybrid projects
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or a related field.
- 5+ years agile project management / Scrum Master experience.
- 3-5 years of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Proficient in JIRA.
- Background or experience in Finance applications and/or Manufacturing support
- Strong communication, planning, critical thinking, and organizing skills required.
- Experience in Waterfall or Hybrid project management
Must be able to analyze data, solve problems, make decisions, remain open minded to alternative thinking and solutions and continuously improve.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members and customers.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential.
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Scrum Master certification required.