Title: Technical Project Manager, Business Systems
Location: USA Remote - TX
Our client is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to manage projects led by analysts and engineers in Business Technology (BizTech). This is an exciting opportunity to help accelerate the delivery of technology solutions within the company that is redefining how people work.
Projects planned and delivered in this role will be primarily focused on efforts in our business systems teams (HR, Finance, Sales, Marketing), all related to corporate (internal) systems, applications and enterprise security. This role will be responsible for building technical project plans for efforts that advance BizTech’s overall roadmap, as well as tracking and driving the delivery of those projects. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a driving force in the continuous improvement of our planning and execution pipeline, working closely with peers globally.
- Lead cross-functional projects end-to-end including: developing project plans, resource plan, clarifying scope, and tracking dependencies.
- Coordinate release schedule and execution of BizTech projects and create/utilize templates for project release including kick-off decks, design review templates, testing, and go/no go meetings.
- Lead discovery and escalation of risks as well as development of mitigation plans for the team to deliver against.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, deliver on time against agreed-upon metrics.
- Communicate project updates across team members, partners, and leadership.
- Lead and facilitate working sessions, demos, adoption & change management approaches, and training plans.
- Play the role of Scrum master, run agile ceremonies and maintain JIRA boards for Biztech teams.
- Cultivate positive relationships at all levels and partner with delivery teams.
- Understand the business case behind each effort and can clearly articulate the value to partners across the business.
- 3+ years of experience as a project manager in IT engineering and operations environments.
- Experience running multi-functional initiatives, resource plans, tasks, and workflows in technical project management within a technology company.
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment, and desired experience implementing ITGC controls and working through audits, especially around financial systems.
- Detailed oriented, and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills.
- Agile methodology or software development life cycle experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle risks, dependencies, resources, and vendors.
- Experience in a Scrum Master role, especially leading standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience thriving in a collaborative environment with diverse multi-functional teams.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with business partners by understanding their needs and goals as well as what motivates and engages them.
- Experience working with program management tools such as Smartsheet, JIRA, Trello, Asana, Microsoft Project, Omniplan, etc
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking abilities to get things done well and also quickly in a dynamic, fast-growing company.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or similar fields, or equivalent work experience.