Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, Plano, TX; SF or Seattle
Job Duration: 12+ months
Job Description: As a Technical Project Manager, in a Tier 1 carrier’s cloud environment you will have responsibility for initiating the projects, planning and managing project execution in order to meet project delivery, quality, and cost goals. The ideal candidate will serve as the liaison between delivery teams, stakeholders, and partners to develop effective schedules, suggest action items that still need to be completed in order to successfully complete the project, track and resolve technical issues as well as implement improvements. A deep background as both a Project Manager and Technical Leader in a test cloud and applications migration arena is a must for this position.
- Manage the delivery roadmap, plan and work closely with the project team, partners, customers and internal stakeholders to drive projects to conclusion.
- Identify functional dependencies, project issues and risks, create an effective action plan and drive the overall communications with cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Define strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to present the project progress and share project information with other professionals in the organization.
- Propose solutions to the technical constraints using your technical expertise and experience, as well as provide expertise for the escalated quality problems, and anticipate bottlenecks in the project lifecycle.
- Use Project Management Tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps to manage agile scrum projects, resource capacity and track dependencies while ensuring completion of milestones within specific budgets and schedules.
- Perform quality management, evaluate program metrics related to performance and customer satisfaction while simultaneously ensuring project objectives are met.
- Serve as an ardent leader and drive a continuous culture of innovation, simplification and continuous improvement through best practice sharing, advocacy and hands-on leadership.
- Derive actionable insights from data and routinely present recommendations for cost and efficiency improvements.
Required Skills and Background:
- 10+ years of proven project management experience in full life-cycle software development/implementation.
- 5+ years of proven experience in managing projects on Azure cloud platform.
- 3+ years of proven experience in managing cloud applications migrations and automation projects.
- Proven experience in managing project using agile methodologies such as agile scrum. Good knowledge with tools like Azure DevOps.
- Proven experience in delivering the business analyst roles in the previous experience/projects.
- Azure Fundamental certification is required.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
Education: BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, MBA a real plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience of project management supporting both traditional and agile model for full technology development life cycle
- Demonstrated capability to work on several projects simultaneously with cross functional team’s and resources.
- Strong Hands-on discerning and committed decision maker Leader as well as team player who is resourceful and possesses an ability to foster good working relationships, both internally and externally
- Strong Financial Acumen: Cost accounting, forecasting and budgeting capabilities with demonstrated assembling of comprehensive software development estimates, budgets and schedules
- Servant Leader whose focus is on the needs of the team members and those they serve (the customer), with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives
- Facilitator by setting the stage and providing clear boundaries in which the team can collaborate
- Coach the individual with a focus on mindset and behavior, the team in continuous improvement and the organization in truly collaborating with the agile Team
- Conflict navigator to address unproductive attitudes and dysfunctional behaviors
- Ability to break down major issues and problems into workable pieces; see whole situation behind a problem or issue; able to understand causes, effects and implications.