Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Location: US Remote
24 months 12 months
Job Description: As a Technical Project Manager,
in a Tier 1 carrier’s you will have responsibility for initiating the projects, planning and managing project execution to meet project delivery, quality, and cost goals. The ideal candidate will serve as the liaison between cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and/or partners to break down project requirements, develop effective schedules, suggest action items that still need to be completed to successfully complete the project, track and resolve technical issues as well as implement improvements.
- Manage the delivery roadmap, plan and work closely with the project team, partners, customers, and internal stakeholders to drive projects to conclusion
- Guides the scrum teams on Agile /Scrum Practices and facilitates Scrum Ceremonies including daily stand-ups, planning, backlog grooming, and demo meetings
- Removes roadblocks/Impediments for the team through collaboration with cross-functional teams, and internal and external entities
- Help teams or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them while shielding the team from outside distractions and interference
- Identify functional dependencies, escalate project issues to the leadership when required, manage/mitigate risks, create an effective action plan and drive the overall communications with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Define strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to present the project progress, and share project information with other professionals in the organization.
- Propose solutions to the technical constraints using your technical expertise and experience, as well as provide expertise for the escalated quality problems, and anticipate bottlenecks in the project lifecycle.
- Use Project Management Tools such as Jira to manage agile scrum projects, resource capacity and track dependencies while ensuring completion of milestones within specific budgets and schedules.
Follow up device integration dates and roadmaps
- Perform quality management, evaluate program metrics related to performance and customer satisfaction while simultaneously ensuring project objectives are met
- Serve as an ardent leader and drive a continuous culture of innovation, simplification, and continuous improvement through best practice sharing, advocacy, and hands-on leadership.
Derive actionable insights from data and routinely present recommendations for cost and efficiency improvements.
Required Skills and Background:
- 10+ years of proven project experience in project/program management.
- Proven experience of managing software development, DevOps, and Azure cloud migration projects.
- Proven experience in managing projects using agile methodologies such as agile scrum. Familiarity with tools like Jira, Confluence, etc.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience of technical project management supporting both traditional and agile models for full technology development life cycle
- Demonstrated capability to work on several projects simultaneously with cross-functional teams and resources.
- Strong Hands-on discerning and committed decision-maker Leader as well as team player who is resourceful and possesses an ability to foster good working relationships, both internally and externally
- Servant Leader whose focus is on the needs of the team members and those they serve (the customer), to achieve results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives
- Facilitator by setting the stage and providing clear boundaries in which the team can collaborate
- Coach the individual with a focus on mindset and behavior, the team in continuous improvement, and the organization in truly collaborating with the agile Team
- Conflict navigator to address unproductive attitudes and dysfunctional behaviors
- Ability to break down major issues and problems into workable pieces; see the whole situation behind a problem or issue; able to understand causes, effects, and implications.