Terrific 12+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for long-term extension or conversion) in Irving, TX for a Senior Technical Program Manager who has managed an Advanced Analytics project (i.e., Hadoop, Machine learning, Visualization, etc.). Will play a key role within engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Will contribute to the technical strategy, design choices, and decisions for a product or service. Will be accountable for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects from inception to completion, related to an existing technology product or program. Will proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the Global Digital engineering organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered. Will operate between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery. Should be comfortable with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
- Managing the life-cycle for a complex cross functional body of work that has a long-term positive impact on the company.
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with product management, governance, UX design, vendors and other supporting teams.
- Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation. Insist on designing to the edge.
- Works closely with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs.
- Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery)
- Be the scrum master for your team. Own planning, standups, demos, retrospectives and the execution of your sprints. Removes blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
- Keep technical debt in check. Ensure teams are building using modern practices and tools. Recognize and act of your responsibility for driving change for the entire development community.
- Cultivate operational excellence within your teams. Understand service level agreements (SLA) and how your systems are performing in relation to them. Ensure your systems self-report breaches and understand root cause. Insist that your teams provide timely resolution of identified production defects.
- Mentor and grow your people. Create an environment of individual accountability. People grow to meet expectations. Yours should be high.
- Operate successfully in ambiguous environments.
- Communicate upward and outward
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar.
- 3-5 years of project/program management experience and working directly with software development teams.
- Experience managing an Advanced Analytics project (Hadoop, Machine learning, Visualization etc.).
- 3+ years of experience organizing, planning and executing engineering to ship big data and advanced analytics solutions to production.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Must have experience delivering with an agile methodology.
- Demonstrated experience defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting
- Prefer experience of building and launching new data products from the ground up and/or experience with customer facing production systems.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical and business management teams.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.