Terrific 12+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for long-term extension) in Irving, TX for a Technical Program Manager on the Global Digital Technology team. Will play a key role within engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Will contribute to the technical strategy, design choices, and decisions for a product or service. Will be accountable for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects from inception to completion, related to an existing technology product or program. Will proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the Global Digital engineering organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered. Will operate between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery. Will be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve. Will demonstrate technical capacity, while defining and driving program initiatives and using technical knowledge to work with the engineering teams to deliver. Will think strategically and tactically along with being innovative, an exemplary leader, an excellent communicator, influencer, and working with a premier team will help you be successful in the role. Will lead and navigate cross-functional efforts, using experience partnering with marketing and engineering teams to synthesize a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality simple products and features that customers love. Will need to be a smart risk taker, who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs. This position has exposure to senior members of the organization, where you would be preparing documentation for senior executives and align roadmaps with organizational objectives.
- Accountable for managing the lifecycle for a complex cross functional body of work that has a long-term positive impact on the company.
- Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery).
- Dive deep into the business domain to understand and to drive the direction of products/services using a domain driven architecture approach.
- Works closely with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs.
- Influences across multiple teams and organizations.
- Drives internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Operate successfully in ambiguous environments.
- Monitor and track program execution to success by removing blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
- Handles multiple contending priorities simultaneously in an exciting environment.
- Communicates upward and outward
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Operates successfully in ambiguous environments.
- Overall 10-12 years of experience. This is a hands-on Technical Program Manager position and not a people manager.
- Technical Program/Project Management experience along with strong Agile and SDLC knowledge on Java, Cloud, Mobile, and/or Microservices projects.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience
- 3+ years of project/program management experience and working directly with software development teams.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Communication skills and experience working with technical and business management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting
- Must have experience delivering with an agile methodology.
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service from the ground up and/or experience with external facing production systems preferred.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably Computer Science)