Position: Technical Program Manager
Location: Atlanta or Dallas
Duration: 12 Months
Our client, a global leader in the design and deployment of IoT solutions for a wide variety of industry verticals is seeking a Technical Program Manager to perform project or program management work focused on complex global development projects. The Technical Program Manager typically manages these projects/programs from initiation through delivery; and is responsible for meeting the project/program requirements by applying project management skills, tools, and techniques to manage the project/program scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, and risk. Previous Connected Car experience is required and familiarity with AT&T billing systems and Cisco-Jasper Control Center. Knowledge of 5G core and RAN networks is also a plus. As a candidate you will need to be open to working MOW scenarios where early morning/late evening calls occur with our client’s partners.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead end to end, cross-functional delivery of Advanced Solutions/IoT product and services.
- Develop and detailed Project Plan
- Create and maintains detailed, end to end project or program plans across multiple business and development teams for complex development projects; projects may be across multiple verticals (connected car, fleet, asset management, etc.) and often global implementations
- Coordinate delivery milestones and identify dependencies between development factories, customers and internal business teams
- Partner with multiple stakeholders (product management, architecture, legal, development, marketing, etc.) to ensure all deliverables are met on time and with quality
- Facilitate project calls, sometimes for global customers during non-traditional office hours
- Manage and track project risks and issues to closure, communicating jeopardy status to senior leadership
- Maintain accurate and timely project status records
- Oversee, track and communicate all project costs and budgets
- Present projects for leadership governance approval throughout the project development lifecycle
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience as Project Manager, Program Manager, Technical Lead and/or Technical Product Manager
- Previous experience with connected car applications
- Technical aptitude or experience as it applies to IoT applications, mobile telecom networks
- Advanced problem-solving skills; Uses extensive research and interpretative thinking and innovative & creative methods to develop solutions.
- Proactively drive program deliverables with a complete view to drive knowledge of scope, schedule, cost, project status (including risks, issues, jeopardies).
- Continuously develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances internal and external to AT&T.
- Proficient in MS Project
- Independence: Ability to drive program deliverables with little to no supervision
- Experience with AT&T billing systems and Cisco-Jasper Control Center
- Knowledge of 5G Core and RAN networks preferred
- Expertise in the Wireless and Internet of Things space is preferred.
- PMP or Similar Project Management Certifications
Education: Preferred Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Administration degree or equivalent experience