We are looking for two Product Owners to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity!
Position: Product Owner
Location: Atlanta, GA
Term: 12 months
Coordinates with the Scrum Master, Delivery Team, and Product Managers in various planning events including Sprint Planning, Program Increment (PI) Planning, etc.
- Initiate and translate product road map into manageable product backlog in collaboration with Product Managers and key business stakeholders.
- Own and prioritize Team Backlog.
- Responsible for defining and accepting User Stories.
- Ensures Product Management team has insight and understanding in Product and effective prioritization of Backlog Items.
- Liaise with Product Manager to understand the features and changes in product requirements and support the release planning and sprint planning exercises.
- Full Understanding of Epic, Feature, Story breakdown and alignment to backlog.
- Establish partnership and working alignment with Delivery team and Product Management team enabling value driven delivery.
- Keen understanding of the Product(s) and serves as a Subject Matter Expert to the team and external partners.
- Serve as mentor for junior Product Owners cultivating and growing skillset, Agile mindset, and ability to unlock value delivery.
- Champion and drive delivery through the Five Levels of Agile Planning: Vision, Roadmap, Release Plan, Sprint Plan, Day Plan.
- Understanding of IT Technology and Applications with the ability to support Technical Product Owners with direction and alignment.
Is this a fit:
- Data Background
- 3+ years of experience in relational and non-relational data research/mining, data transformations, and/or data streaming required.
- Proven experience collaborating with medium sized Agile teams (e.g. 5+ member teams). 3+ years in an Agile environment required.
- Software Development
- 2+ years in Software Development environment or working with delivery teams.
- Proven experience writing both business user and technical stories. 2+ years in a Product Owner role is preferred.
- Agile Certifications are preferred, including but not limited to CSPO, A-CSPO, CBAP, PO/PM.