Technical Product Manager
Are you a Technical Product Manager looking for a gratifying work opportunity that makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further!
Portland based Non-Profit seeking a Technical Product Manager who can help create change in a profoundly positive direction! This Technical Product Manager will be a solid blend of Product Owner and Project Manager & will manage the product vision for new and existing products through all phases of the development life cycle. This includes resolving defects and technical debt, analyzing market opportunities, understanding competitor offerings, product planning, and product launch. The Technical Product Manager will work closely with a team of developers, business analysts and QA to build new feature sets on legacy platforms as well as to migrate existing features onto new tech stacks. They will serve as the product expert and will work internally across all departments to communicate product direction, as well as educate team members on new features and functionality.
Day-to-Day you will:
- Write clearly defined Jira user stories, tasks and defects
- Establish acceptance criteria & definition of done for developers
- Prioritize workload & groom backlog, keeping ~2 months ahead of developers
- Conduct Sprint planning & review sessions
- Identify and streamline related workflows & functionality within existing software
- Conduct user experience research to determine product improvements
- Conduct competitive market analysis to prioritize new features
- Work with developers to estimate level of effort and definition of done
- Balance troubleshooting tasks with additional projects in sprint
- Deliver results on time despite significant levels of ambiguity
- Review defect and maintenance tickets as written by internal customers
- Work within SLAs to reconcile issues in a timely manner
You might be a fit if you have:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working enterprise software product management in an Agile methodology environment.
- Demonstrated success leading offshore development teams
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Expertise with JIRA
Bonus Points for:
- BS/BA Degree
- Experience with C#, DNN or Angular
- Experience with PCI-compliant data environments
- DBA experience
- PMI/PMP certification
- Open to occasional travel
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. No sponsorships available at this time. Excellent benefits including full suite of solid medical, matching 401(k), robust PTO and opportunity for growth.