Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives. We are seeking a Technical Operations Center Analyst Associate for a contract opportunity. This is an entry level role responsible for providing support by monitoring network, systems, and application health and taking action to ensure high system availability for a 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring center.
Through time and exposure you will gain experience to include identification of system generated events, troubleshooting systems issues, executing operator instructions, coordination of critical incidents, communicating impact with IT staff, repairing problems, and escalating as required to second level support or management. The analyst routinely monitors systems, executes standard IT service requests, and performs other IT related tasks as assigned.
The role is remote but candidates must be local to Minneapolis, MN and able to work 9pm - 7:30 am Thursday - Sunday.
Additional Job Details:
- Under supervision executes defined procedures to fulfill roles in Event, Incident, Problem and Change management processes
- Monitor and verify system performance and capacity
- Follow defined procedures and operator instructions for monitors and system health checks. Execute using documentation as it relates to system configuration, inventory, data mapping, processes, and service records.
- Document, track and monitor requests/problems and actions ensuring timely resolution and end-user satisfaction.
- Deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Support audit activities by following policies, processes, and data/records
- Use and manage the ServiceNow service management ticketing system. Accurately log events and issues and, when necessary, route to appropriate next level support team providing the correct level of technical detail to enable them to continue to analyze the problem and work to resolve it in a timely manner.
- Initiate the incident management process including engaging technical and leadership staff, documenting and communicating status during the incident lifecycle.
- Validate changes to IT systems are completed successfully
- Provide on-call rotation; after hours, weekend, and holiday support when required.
- Associates (2 year degree) in a technology related program or related work experience
- 0-3 years IT operations or related experience
- General knowledge of major operating systems (Windows 7, Unix/Linux)
- General IT troubleshooting experience (Service Desk, Network, trace route, etc.)
- Experience using ServiceNow or similar service management software
- Experience working with high severity incidents
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated prioritization and problem-solving
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to act with a sense of urgency while maintaining composure and professionalism during critical situations
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelors degree in IT field
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity on Cisco routers and switches using SSH, Telnet from a command line interface
- Knowledge and experience IP troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DNS, ping, trace route
- Understanding of application performance and availability monitoring
- Experience using network monitoring systems such as HP Openview, Solarwinds Orion, and Cacti, or related experience
- Experience managing high severity incidents for a medium to large IT organization
- Change management experience
- ITIL Service Operations certification
- CCNA or related
- MCSE or related