Terrific PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Are you looking for a company that gives you the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential? How about a company which incentives their employees with a bonus and stock plan? Then apply here!!
Role: Technical Development Specialist
Location: Chandler, AZ
Type: Full-time permanent
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 (DOE)
Perks: Bonus & stock plan, full suite of medical benefits that start on day one
The Global Organizational Learning & Development department works to sustain our client's unique culture while continuously improving employee engagement and organizational performance. Primary objectives of this role are as follows:
- Continuously improve the performance of technical employees.
- Develop and sustain pathways for technical talent development and internal career growth.
- Foster a collaborative, global community of established and emerging technical experts.
- Strategically, this role is designed to support effective institutional knowledge management and sustained technical development on a global scale, via business analysis of technical learning needs, learning systems development, and technical resource deployment.
- Support the design, development and implementation of learning systems and programs for technical employees, with a focus on our engineering population.
- Work closely with engineering business leaders to analyze needs and performance gaps and develop targeted learning solutions.
- Partner with both internal SMEs and external vendors to identify, curate, and customize content for specific audiences.
- Publish and promote learning programs (to be facilitated by technical professionals, not by the specialist).
- Create and manage internal learning-related communications.
- Manage technical learning programs and systems.
- Develop methods of measuring employee performance, potential, and development needs that align with organizational goals.
- Collaborate with direct and matrixed team members to maintain globally-aligned technical development.
- Effectively utilize project management skills in managing multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with data-gathering techniques and evaluation measures. They will be strong in business acumen and internal communication, with organizational development competencies including influencing.
This role does not require engineering knowledge, although experience in the technology industry is preferred.
- 3+ years training and design experience in a corporate or adult education environment.
- BA or BS in Learning and Instructional Technology, Organizational Behavior, Adult Education, Communications, Human Resources Management, or related field.
- Experience with global learning audience.
- Experience implementing training programs and building strong relationships and consensus.
- Ability to convey complex information via meaningful, effective learning activities.
- Ability to incorporate the principles of adult learning into training curricula using instructor-led, virtual and eLearning modalities.
- Experience in a High-Tech Manufacturing/Engineering environment is a plus (BA or BS degree is required)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable working in a complex, rapidly-changing environment.
- Can collaborate and execute adeptly in a matrixed organization.
- Enjoys innovating in program and system design.