Long term contract Opportunity!
Position: Technical Copyeditor
Term: 6 Months Contract
· Serve as Technical Copyeditor on a small editorial team for developers.redhat.com.
· Copy/edit highly technical articles, blogs, product pages, topic pages, etc.
· Work with contributors/authors in a time-sensitive, respectful way.
· Respond to author emails for new accounts, answering misc. author queries.
· Initial article ingest (Check content for plagiarism, audience relevancy, time-sensitive material, add video if needed, minimum requirements met).
· Create editorial newsletters and help manage internal content partnerships.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Engineering).
· 4-7 years of experience copyediting highly technical content and code blocks.
· Familiarity with Open Source, company products, and technologies, major programming languages (Java, Python, Go, Rust etc.).
· Experience with creating, developing, editing content for developers.
· Problem-solving, troubleshooting, attention to detail, digital mindset, ability to organize data, time management and calendar management.
· Being able to research products, keywords, SEO friendly titles, and copy.
· Learning mindset, desire to master new technologies and tools.
· Some familiarity with JIRA and Drupal.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!