Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Systems Consultant
Location: Charlotte NC
Term: 12 months
- Acts as liaison between client area, technical organization, and other affected areas by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of highly complex business problems to be solved through strategic eCommerce-based solutions (e.g., Intranet and Internet).
- Responsible for producing business requirements.
- Functions as project manager for large and complex projects.
- Develops project plans and schedules, including budgets.
- May act as an internal consultant within technology and business groups by evaluating current processes and recommending new e-commerce solutions that reduce costs or extend current capabilities.
- Tools used to evaluate current processes may be industry tools or self-developed.
- May act as an external consultant as a participant in consortia groups.
- May work directly with senior management and is considered a high-level expert.
- 4 years experience in internet/ intranet-based business systems or e-business consulting.
- Looking for a technical analyst who acts as a liaison between the Client-application areas and this group for the enhancement and creation of reusable business services (aka web-services).
- Responsible for coordinating business and technical requirements (not authoring but influencing, helping) .
- Maintains the Detailed Specifications defining the scope of the functions to be implemented by the middle-tier applications owned by this group
- Detailed level Use Cases documenting the control flow; business rules describing the logic encapsulated by the steps of the use case; data transformations to the interfaces supported by the back-end databases; and definitions of the interfaces the middle-tier provides to the Client applications.
- Developers for coding direction; testing teams to build test cases; and Client-application developers for understanding the behavior and interface of the middle-tier functions.
- Conducts document review meetings with each audience to ensure that the service specifications are accurate and clear.
- Develops knowledge of the functions supported by the middle-tier by becoming familiar with the groups published service specifications.
- Walks through the specifications with new Client applications intending to reuse functions already implemented in the middle-tier.
- Attends meetings with other technical analysts and business sponsors to help gather and refine Business Requirements for new projects.
- With the help of other senior analysts evaluates and recommends solutions based on their cost effectiveness, maintainability, and future opportunities for reuse.
- Creates Functional System Design documents (FSD) identifying the impact to the components of the middle-tier application for each project.
- Conducts document review meetings with business sponsor and other affected applications to ensure common understanding of the scope of changes to the middle-tier required for the project.
- Works on multiple concurrent projects in various stages of the development lifecycle and across different business processes.
- In Agile projects, participates in User-Story grooming and sprints to frame the changes in the business-service application, and creates/updates the technical specs for them.
- College degree
- Experience working as a technical analyst defining detailed level requirements for a system and its interactions with other applications.
- 4 years tech experience in business analysis and systems design.
- Must have strong and effective communication skills.
- Should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be a quick thinker, learner who is also willing to share what they learn with the rest of the team.
- A good team player who can collaborate and work closely with multiple functional groups.
- Ability to multi-task and work under stringent timelines within a strong, high energy team environment
- Experience with both Waterfall SDLC and Agile/Scrum practices
- Experience with reusable business services (WSDL and XML schemas, or JSON/RESTful services)
- Analyzing financial industry business processes
- Writing complex technical specifications detailing data transformations, business rules and flow of control
- Designing distributed systems including defining interfaces between applications